Ever get a craving for something warm and flavorful? Fall-spiced toasted almonds are sure to satisfy your needs. This delicious composition can be enjoyed in a fresh or roasted vegetable) salad. It can also be enjoyed as part of a snack.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 cup almonds
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees F.
- Add spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt) and honey to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Pour into mixing bowl and whisk ingredients together. Add almonds and continue whisking until evenly coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread out mixture onto tray.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Remove and let cool until room temperature. Warning: HOT!! don’t taste test just yet
Note: You can use pecans or walnuts for this recipe as well. Toasting times will vary.
Don’t leave in the oven unattended. Nuts can burn easily.