Are you still loading up on packaged snack products?
Well if you are, you are cheating yourself. Whole foods (or real foods) provide you with much more energy to keep you going throughout your day. Eating a good snack could mean a difference between having an afternoon crash or that extra rush of energy that you need to get through the day.
A quality snack is made up of nutrient-dense ingredients. You should try to incorporate some vegetables into your snack. The best way to gain energy during snack time is to incorporate some healthy protein and healthy fats into the mix.
Here are some whole-food snack options to incorporate into your day
- Unsweetened greek yogurt with chopped up almonds topped with berries- you can use cinnamon and honey to add some flavor
- Apple with almond butter or peanut butter (ingredients should say “peanuts”! yes, thats it.)
- Vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, peppers, cucumber) dipped in basic avocado dip (1/2 avocado, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste)
- 1-2 Hardboiled eggs with “mary’s gone crackers” and salt, pepper, lemon juice, mustard, cheese (it’s up to you)
- Leftover greens & protein with a drizzle of olive oil
Are you skipping snack all together because you are “too busy”?