It’s a hot morning here in San Diego. This strawberry & kale smoothie is my ideal way to start a day like today.
- 3-4 frozen Strawberries
- 3 leaves Kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened Kefir
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk or filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 2 Mint leaves, chopped
- Protein0powder (optional). I like hemp or brown rice protein powder.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
I like this smoothie because it is a nice mix of sweet, refreshing and earthy flavors. If you have never put kale in your smoothie before, go ahead and try something new. When I first put kale in my smoothies I was pleasantly surprised. It is not too overwhelming and the taste pairs well with the fruit in the smoothie. Great way to get some greens in your body first thing in the morning.