Yes! It’s soup season. I don’t know about anyone else but I am really excited! Soups are a great way to get a lot of nutrients into one meal. Soups are easily digested and they are very soothing. What better way to relax on a cold evening than to cuddle up and eat some delicious warm soup?
Lentils are small but packed with nutrients. They are high in fiber and they are recommended for heart health due to their high levels of folate and magnesium. Lentils are also a great blood sugar stabilizer.
This tomato-lentil soup is unbelievably easy to make. It is a good first soup to make if you are new to the art of soup making.
- 1 Tbsp Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1-2 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 4 cups organic beef stock*
- 1 can organic diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lentils, soaked
* You can substitute with organic vegetable stock
- Heat a meadium sized soup pot. Add Ghee or Coconut oil. Once melted, add onions and 1 tsp of sea salt then saute until translucent.
- Add carrots and celery, saute until softened.
- Add stock and canned tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Add lentils. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Taste, add salt and pepper to adjust flavor.
Suggestion: make a double batch and save some soup in the freezer. Less time in the kitchen is always a plus!