Did you already break your New Years Resolutions?
That’s okay because new-years resolutions are overrated. However, the idea behind setting goals is highly underrated.
In most cases, people are not going to wake up and make long-lasting changes to behaviors they have been performing for many years. There are steps to achieving goals. Realistically, they should be altered along the way according to your progress.
Remember that you can create short-term and long-term goals throughout the year. Goals are not set in stone.
You may find these guidelines helpful when it comes to goal setting.
1. Get support. Surround yourself with people who want to see you succeed. These are the people you want to spend the majority of your time with
2. Write down a goal. Then write down the steps that lead up to achieving that goal. Map out a plan as to how you will get to your final destination.
3. Create realistic yet challenging goals. It’s better to create a goal that you are actually capable of achieving rather than one that you can’t even imagine achieving.
4. Write a note that says why you deserve to achieve this goal. What’s in it for you?!
5. If you fall off the horse, get right back on. Even if you slip up for a day or two, it doesn’t mean that you failed. You just hit a speed bump in the road.
At the end of the day, you have to be serious about your goals. You have to REALLY want to achieve this positive change for yourself in order to be successful.