Citrus Beet Salad with Mint
Nutrition: Beets are a great source of antioxidants, they are anti-inflammatory and great for detoxification.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 Medium-Large Beets
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut medium beets into quarters without removing the skin. Steam beets for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Run beets under cold water to cool. Cut beets into bite size chunks.
- While beets are cooking, zest and juice orange
- Chop mint into thin ribbons
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
This salad pairs well with goat or buffalo mozzarella cheese. You can also place the beet salad on top of a bed of arugula and garnish with some toasted almonds.