A fresh, light & zesty summer dinner in just 35 minutes! Baking fish in the oven is one of my favorite cooking methods. I am a huge fan of working smart in the kitchen as opposed to working hard. While the fish is in the oven, there is plenty of time to reduce the sauce and to do a quick clean up of the kitchen.
Citrus Marinade – 5 minutes
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup orange juice*
2 Tbsp lime juice*
2 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp minced ginger
Fish- 30 minutes
1.5 lbs of wild sea bass (you can use tilapia, salmon, or black cod)**
½ tsp salt, divided
1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Mix ‘Citrus Marinade’ ingredients together, split into two parts.
- Place fish in half of ‘Citrus Marinade.’Refrigerate for 10 minutes.(Can leave in marinade for 20 minutes for more flavor)
- Turn on oven to 400F degrees
- Place fish in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked
- In the meantime, place Dijon and the remainder of ‘Citrus Marinade’ in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer until the liquid is reduced by ½.
- Pour the reduction over the fillets.
** Fish guidelines: Choose wild over farmed. Choose fresh over frozen.
[Recipe adapted from Rebecca Katz]
Place fish over sautéed vegetables for dinner or over a salad for lunch.