- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock (low sodium & organic)
- 1 large cucumber, medium dice
- 2 roma tomatoes, medium dice
- ½ medium red onion, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, medium dice (optional)
- ½ cup olives, chopped (optional)
- 2 oz crumbled organic feta cheese
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- black pepper
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
- Add quinoa and water (or stock) to a medium size sauce pan. Bring to a boil then cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes. You will know quinoa is ready the tiny seeds are all unraveled into spirals.
- While quinoa is cooking chop tomatoes, cucumber, onion, parsley and mint. Combine chopped ingredients into a large bowl, set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. When quinoa is cooked, spread out evenly on the baking sheet and fluff with a fork. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa with the vegetables. Add feta cheese, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Note: If you want to make extra for leftovers don’t add feta, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Salad will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days without dressing.
I absolutely LOVE quinoa. It is just so versatile and takes very little time to prepare.
Be sure to check some other fantastic quinoa recipes: