I have always been a fan of baked salmon, however I only recently become a fan of fresh dill. I have never been very comfortable cooking with dill because I never knew what to pair it with. Since it is summer and I am feeling adventurous, I decided to try something new. I absolutely love this fresh Lemon and Dill Salmon recipe. It is more than perfect for summertime.
Salmon is well-known in the nutrition world as a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are good for our health because they are anti-inflammatory. Other sources of Omega-3 fatty acids include: fish oil, olive oil, avocados, and almonds.
1lb wild-caught salmon
1 Tbsp tea seed oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 bunch dill, chopped
1 small lemons, 1/4 inch slices
1/2 cup organic vegetable stock
1. Heat oven to 350 F degrees
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place 3-4 lemon slices and 1 Tbsp chopped dill on the baking tray.
4. Rinse salmon then dry. Rub both sides of salon with tea seed oil, sea salt and pepper.
5. Place 3-4 lemon slices and 1 Tbsp chopped dill on top of salmon.
6. Add organic vegetable stock to the baking dish to surround the salmon
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. (cooking time varied depending on thickness of salmon)
Note: Serve hot or take salmon out of the oven to cool for an hour before serving