- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 medjool dates, pitted (try with 6, see if you need to add more)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons spirulina powder**
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon carob powder
- 1 Tablespoon water + 1 teaspoon if necessary
- 2 drops peppermint extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes
Recipe adapted from Bauman College
**Spirulina can be found in the vitamin section at your local health food store. It is a blue/green algae that is packed with vitamins and minerals. Be sure to use this ingredient as it is both health supportive and it provides for the deep/rich/dark color
- Add sunflower seeds to food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add medjool dates and pulse again until well incorporated
- Add coconut butter, spirulina, and carob powder until combined. Add the water a little at a time to get the desired consistency. To test, try rolling some of the mixture in a ball. It should stick together when pressed but should not be wet.
- Add the peppermint extract and salt. Start with 1 drop peppermint and increase if necessary.
- Pinch off a little of the mixture and roll into a ball about the size of a quarter. Roll in the dried coconut and set on a platter.